# "The unfinished work of our heroes, truly must be our own." Ben Harper
# The projects of the Sexto Sol Center are guided by our commitment to these ideals and action.
- Reverence for the Earth and the innate intelligence in the web of life
- To promote collective action by people who need to solve shared problems or reach common goals
- The right sharing of the world's resources, economic justice through fair trade
- To advocate for the full participation of women in the economy and civil society
- To advocate for the full participation of First Nations in policy making.
- To improve the quality of life for children; eliminating barriers to education
- To protect the watershed for all species
- To encourage local communities to be caretakers of the land
- To disseminate ideas, appropriate technology and information that can make a tangible improvement in quality of life, reduce environmental impact of human activity
- To provide an alternative to the stereotypic view of the poor in developing countries so that discussion of development be based in a realistic assessment of challenges they face and strengths they possess.
- To encourage each person we serve to reach their full potential
- To participate actively in the discovery of appropriate approaches to sustainable development
- Dispel racism, promote trust, and practice compassion
- Promote the new paradigm that sees all people as being connected
- Collaborate with like-minded individuals and organizations
- To encourage others to find their unique way to contribute to the betterment of our world